RSS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Facts about Garlic


In the kitchen, I see to it that I always have garlic. Among the family, it is hubby who likes garlic very much. He likes garlic rice, scramble egg with fried garlic, adobo with plenty of garlic, tokwa’t baboy with fried garlic, etc. As for me, many of my recipes have garlic.

Garlic or Allium Sativum is a species in the onion family Alliaceae. Its health benefits and medicinal properties have long been known and considered as a “wonder drug.” It has been used extensively in herbal medicine. Raw garlic is used by some to treat skin diseases, toothache, natural mosquito repellent and can assist in managing high cholesterol levels. It is a powerful natural antibiotic and has a powerful antioxidant effect.

With garlic in the house, I know the food I am cooking will not only taste good but also healthy for my family.

National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine
Tips for growing garlic

0 comments: